Located at an altitude of 767m, the Chapel des Vés was built in 1863 by farmers from La Colline in Fresse-sur-Moselle, with materials which were previously part of the old village church.
- 1939-1945: The Chapel was badly damaged. Only the walls were still standing.
- 1948: The municipality of Fresse-sur-Moselle rebuilt the Chapel with a shelter for walkers.
- 1996: 2 local volunteers undertook the renovation of the Chapel to restore its original 1863 style.
- 1998: Reconstruction work began with the support of the municipality, which agreed to finance the materials. About fifty volunteers, most of them former workers or retired craftsmen, worked according to professional standards and tradition, using ancient techniques. Members of the Compagnons du Devoir who were very interested in the project offered the technical study, construction and assembly of the spire in accordance with 17th century techniques.
- On 25 June 2000, the Chapelle des Vés was inaugurated in the presence of Christian Poncelet, President of the Vosges General Council and President of the Senate.
- In November 2001, the work of the volunteers was rewarded with the 1st prize of the Grand Nord-Est, awarded by the FNASSEM (French Federation of Associations for the Protection of Sites and Monuments).
From the church of Fresse-sur-Moselle, turn right towards the Bar du Centre and follow the Rue de la Chapelle.
Open every day.
- Conditions of visit (individuals) :
- Visit on your own at all times
- Signposted footpaths
- Type of amenities :
- Historic monument or place to visit
- Subject of tourist venue - historic building :
- Religious architecture
- Location :
- In a Regional Country Park
- In the mountains
- Pets welcome :
- FAMILY WALK - PIC DES CORBEAUX CIRCUIT