Sentier des chèvres : 6 km - 2h – height difference +193 m - easy level - yellow ring markings -
Departure : car park at the crossroad to the "Théâtre du Peuple".
From the tourist office reach village square take the road leading up to the "Théâtre du Peuple".
- From the car park, walk 300m to the Théâtre du Peuple. This huge wooden building, listed as an "Historical monument ", is a unique place in France.
- Go past theThéâtre du Peuple". After the theater turn right on the road "Route des Champs Colnots" and follow the mark "Sentier des Chèves"(yellow ring). Continue on this road for 600 meters.
Look at the landscape : in front of you, The Ballon de Servance with its antenna. On your left, the former ski aera "La Bouloie". In your back the mowned mountain is the Drumont with its Farm Inn.
- Go past the Maison familiale de Villers-les-Nancy, continue on 150m, turn on the right and follow the yellow ring. Turn left, pass along a first farm. After the second farm(Nr18), turn right and 100 meters further you take the steep path that goes up on the left (yellow ring).
- Follow those marks on almost 1km.
If you take the path with the blue cross mark you reach the Roche du Frey with an amazing panorama wiew. Come back and continue the walk.
- Walk through the grazing area, please take care that you have closed the metallic fence well. The path leads on a tarred road, in opposite of a house. Here you can short the walk by the road on your left ( route des champs colnots ) and to join the Théâtre du Peuple.
- Take the path that is in opposite of you and walk along the house and follow the mark with the reference "Sentier des Chères - le lait" (yellow ring). Go on this path for 600m . You will see the village of St Maurice sur Moselle with its church. The path leads down on a street.
- Turn left and go on this road in the direction Bussang. Walk along the restaurant "l'Auberge des Fontaines" and its animal park.
- This road leads you to the road «Route des Champs Colnots» which takes you along the mission cross and the oak called "Oak of the Pentecost” .
-Continue on this road to reach the "Théâtre du Peuple" and finally the car park.
IGN hiking map reference 3619 OT or personalized map hiking around Bussang only available at the tourist office of Bussang.
The Gpx track is downloadable here above.
The sheet of the hike is downloadable above.
On the web side below you will find the Family hikes on the Vosges mountains : https://www.massif-des-vosges.com/famille/balades-famille-massif-des-vosges.htm