The history of the "Saint-Brice" church in FRESSE-SUR-MOSELLE :
In the 10th century : The inhabitants of FRESSE-SUR-MOSELLE belonged to the parish of RAMONCHAMP, Christianity and deanery of REMIREMONT, diocese of TOUL.
When the commune of FRESSE-SUR-MOSELLE had its first church, it received a contribution from the mother church of RAMONCHAMP for its building and layout. This church was only an emergency chapel and not a temple of worship.
December 22nd 1640: Permission to celebrate devotional masses during the week.
1665: Faculty to administer baptisms there. 1737: the parish became independent.
1741: Building of a presbytery, its first vicar was Messire COUSERAT.
June 05, 1803: First parish priest, Father BONNABE.
The 04th December 1856: Demolition work on the old church which was falling into ruins and construction of the present church. This one was completed, layed out and opened for worship in 1863.
1863: Covering of the church then 1880: Installation of the organ on the gallery. 1892: Installation of a third bell. 1926 : Interior decoration of the church.
1934 : Electrification of the bells.
1936 : Strengthening of the disjointed stained-glass windows and installation of a double partition in cathedral glass.
1937 : Installation of the heating and construction of the sacristies.
1947 : Complete replacement of the organ.
- Conditions of visit (individuals) :
- Tour of exterior only
- Type of amenities :
- Historic monument or place to visit
- Subject of tourist venue - historic building :
- Religious architecture
- Location :
- In the country
- In a Regional Country Park
- Pets welcome :
- COVID-19 - Specific measures set up :