The Virgin of Thillot, also called Notre-Dame de la Liberation, is a statue erected by the parish to commemorate the liberation of the town on November 26, 1944.
The Thillot paid a heavy price during the Second World War: 50% of the city was destroyed during the bombings of June 1940 and September 1944.
The virgin, was blessed on April 4 1948, is located on a small hill (altitude: 585 meters) that offers a magnificent panorama view on the valley.
Access only on foot from a path served by rue du Tacot: follow the yellow triangle markings in the direction of the Etang de la Peau and the board indicating "point de vue de la vierge".
All year long 2023
All year long 2024
- Conditions of visit (individuals) :
- Visit on your own at all times
- Signposted footpaths
- Type of amenities :
- Historic monument or place to visit
- Subject of tourist venue - historic building :
- Religious architecture
- Location :
- In the country
- In a Regional Country Park
- In the mountains
- Pets welcome :
- FAMILY WALK - VIRGIN CIRCUIT