The Virgin of Thillot, also called Notre-Dame de la Liberation, is a statue erected by the parish to commemorate the liberation of the town on November 26, 1944.
The Thillot paid a heavy price during the Second World War: 50% of the city was destroyed during the bombings of June 1940 and September 1944.
The virgin, was blessed on April 4 1948, is located on a small hill (altitude: 585 meters) that offers a magnificent panorama view on the valley.
Access only on foot from a path served by rue du Tacot: follow the yellow triangle markings in the direction of the Etang de la Peau and the board indicating "point de vue de la vierge".
- Conditions of visit (individuals) :
- Visit on your own at all times
- Type of amenities :
- Historic monument or place to visit
- Subject of tourist venue - historic building :
- Religious architecture
- Location :
- In the country
- In a Regional Country Park
- In the mountains
- Pets welcome :
- FAMILY WALK - VIRGIN CIRCUIT