2.7km loop circuit. 1h15. Departure: Ménil tourist information office.
A route that allows you to tour the Ménil, a charming little mountain village.
1. From the car park opposite the tourist office, church in the back, head left towards the bakery. Do not cross the road, walk on the sidewalk on your right.
2. You pass successively in front of the town hall, an old butcher's shop then the hotel-restaurant "Les Sapins".
3. Turn right before the cemetery to take “rue du Général De Gaulle”. You will see a pretty ordeal on the left.
4. 200 meters further, you arrive at the “La Familiale” multipurpose room. Go around it on your right if you want to enjoy the rest area and city park along the stadium. Children will be able to have fun there.
5. Retrace your steps to the road you will follow on your right.
6. Then take the first street on the right “rue des Tissages”. You pass over a peaceful stream. Take the opportunity to admire the pretty facilities on the left side of the road.
7. You then cross a second stream, the Ruisseau du Ménil. Take the first road on the right signposted “Pizza Marina”.
8. Take the main road straight ahead for approximately 800 meters. On the right, you will see an old textile factory, witness to the town's industrial past.
9. You then pass in front of pretty houses clinging to the side of the mountain. There are no sidewalks, please walk on the side of the road. The speed here is limited to 30 km/h for the safety of walkers and motorists.
10. At a curve on the left, take “rue des Calvaires” on your right. The road descends slightly to a bridge which spans a lovely little stream. A pretty shaded beach is on the left but unfortunately it is not accessible by stroller.
11. The road goes up to the STOP sign where there is an ordeal. You will then join the main road, the D486. Turn right and follow this road, taking care to stay on the sidewalk.
12. 100 meters further on, on the left side of the road, is the terrace of the “Chez Nadine” tobacco press. You can take a break there with your family if you feel like it.
13. Continue along the main road then turn right just before the church in the aptly named “rue de l’Eglise” to reach the starting point.
The circuit description can be downloaded below.
All year long 2023
All year long 2024