2.5km loop circuit. Duration: 1h15. Departure: parking lot of the church of Fresse-sur-Moselle.
A route that will take you to the gates of a pretty mountain valley, the Colline de Fresse-sur-Moselle valley.
1. Cross the car park towards the main entrance of the church and follow this building on its left side.
2. At the STOP sign, get on the sidewalk alongside the church. Then cross the pedestrian crossing towards “rue de la Chapelle”.
3. Keep to the side of the road, there is no sidewalk. You will see a gymnasium below on your right.
4. At the next crossroads, you can admire an ordeal: this is the Croix des Roges. Take the road on the right “rue du Pont Déchet”.
5. The road runs along Colline Creek where you may see fish rippling in the clear waters. After the bridge, the climb is a little steeper.
6. You then arrive at a crossroads decorated with a cross (Croix de la Voye) and a bench. It is an ideal place to rest and enjoy a delightful view of the Hill, a pretty wild valley dotted with farms in the hollow of the mountains.
7. Turn right at this intersection. The balcony road descends slightly and offers beautiful views of the mountains and the village center in the background.
8. At the first intersection, continue straight. At the second intersection, go straight again. You see the Ballon de Servance straight in front of you with its top topped with a military radar. At 1,216 meters high, it is the highest point in Haute-Saône.
9. At the next intersection, turn right into “rue des Meix Beillia”. The church is opposite, a few steps away.
10. The road begins a steep descent until the STOP.
11. Go straight on the pedestrian crossing then cross the “Léon GARNIER” footbridge (local historian 1919-2005) which spans the Ruisseau de la Colline.
12. You have arrived at the Place de l’Eau Vive. You will see on your right the War Memorial behind which is the Garden of Liberty.
13. Go straight ahead to the fire brigade building then turn right. You are on Allée Gilbert DIDIERLAURENT.
14. You go alongside the Petits Erudits school which is on the left. Then turn left facing the church. A marking on the ground indicates that it is a pedestrian route.
15. You are back on the Place du Corps Franc Pommiès, the starting point of the walk.
The circuit description can be downloaded below.
All year long 2023
All year long 2024