The Moselle, the most important water course of the Vosges, rises in Bussang at an altitude of 725 m.
It is an ideal place for nymph fishing, a fishing technique that is only permitted in a few rivers in the Vosges. This technique is primarily aimed at catching grayling, but trouts are in no way inferior: they are even more shy and reserved and require a cautious approach.
The French Fishing Association offers its members a 30 km long fishing course on both banks. In autumn, these fishing courses are regularly staffed with young trouts.
All rivers belong to the first category.
A passport photo is compulsory for the issue of any type of fishing licence, whatever the duration of the card.
Fishing licences can be purchased at the following locations:
- For Bussang: at tourist information, during our opening hours - 8 avenue de la Gare - 88540 BUSSANG - +33 (0)3 56 11 00 90
The ponds Étang des Sources, Étang du Drumont and Étang Jean in Bussang belong to the first category and are tied to fishing licenses for rivers.
- For Saint-Maurice-sur-Moselle: at the tourist information, during our opening hours - 28 bis, rue de Lorraine - SAINT-MAURICE-SUR-MOSELLE - +33 (0)3 56 11 00 90
- For Fresse-sur-Moselle : - Maison de la Presse (newsstand) - 4 bis, Rue de Lorraine - FRESSE-SUR-MOSELLE: +33 (0)3 29 25 39 84
- For le Thillot: Garage du Centre (car repair shop) - 18 avenue de Verdun - LE THILLOT - +33 (0)3 29 25 01 17.
For those 4 areas you have the choice between municipal fishing licenses or the principle of a fishing license called "URNE" for the extended area from Bussang to Le Thillot included.
- For Le Ménil: in the tourist information, during our opening hours - Place du 1er RCP - LE MÉNIL +33 (0)3 56 11 00 90.
The pond of the Fenesses is included in these fishing permits and there is also the principle of an "URNE" Fishing permit for the extended area with the villages on the river Moselotte but not from the Moselle.
- For Ramonchamp: Mr. Jean-Louis VAXELAIRE - 14 HLM de la Maix - RAMONCHAMP - +33 (0)3 29 25 82 49 or +33 (0)6 24 54 04 68. Fishing license for the rivers and the pond Étang PINGANT.
-For Rupt-sur-Moselle : in the shop GAMM VERT - 5 rue Jean Desbordes - RUPT-SUR-MOSELLE - +33 (0)3 29 24 57 55.
- Pets welcome :
- Services available / Activities :
- Sport without an instructor
- Sports / relaxation :
- Method of payment :
- Bank and GIRO cheques